You have the possibility to create different types of wine, look for the most precious flavors and the most exotic nuances, combine them and create a unique wine. You can achieve mastery of “barrel maker” that lets you design your own barrels. You will have the option to create your own Appellation of Origin to take your exclusive wines to the highest recognition!
Appellation of Origin: Obtaining wine with appellation of origin (see below in FAQ for information) can only be completed and be effective by growing the vineyard, pressing the grapes to fill a barrel [G&S], and maturing the barrels in the same sim with an activated appellation of origin in the Control Panel [G&S]. The control panel, the vineyards, the propagator and the winepress, must be rezzed in the same sim throughout the wine making process.
Needs water and care.
Care: Caring for the vineyard will accelerate the growth and must be maintained if you are aiming to reach 300% growth for the chance to obtain 3 crops to fill a basket.
– No care = 25% growth per day and will only reach 100% (1 crop).
– Care = 33% growth per day and can reach 300% (with the possibility of 3 crops).
– Care is done via the vineyard menu, stand in the middle of the vineyard and click on it to access the menu. Up to 3 care can be maintained on the vineyard, wait 10-20 seconds before clicking on Care to repeat.
– Wear the RP-HUD [G&S] to care for the vineyard. The Hud releases a 20-dice, if the roll is 10 or more it will be successful and add 1 to the care value. The value of this roll is influenced by energy level in RP-Hud [G&S] and using the Sickle [G&S].
Growth: The growth process can reach up to 300%, in which you may have a maximum of 3 crops available. Reaching 300% does not imply that you will always get 3 crops, this will depend on whether the vineyard has been constantly cared and has never lacked water.
Take the crop: Get the available crops if they are greater than 0. You have two ways to do this:
– Normal: This will only get one crop. If you have more than one crop available, you will only get one and the rest will be lost. When you use this option the vineyard will give an item called (Rezzme) [G&S]. You must rez this object close to the vineyard for the harvest to be activated. You then pick up the [Sack] with the one crop in it.
– Fill container: You will need an empty Basket [G&S]. Place the empty basket close to the vineyard before using this option. With this option, all available crops will be loaded into the basket and you will not lose any. You can harvest either one crop (100%), two crops (200%) or three crops (300%) into the Basket.
– Once you have harvested the vineyard (using either of the two options), the process returns to 0, and will only need watering to grow back a new crop of the same type as the previous.
– Important: The avatar who initializes the ‘Take the crop” menu option must complete the harvest process and rez the (Rezzme) [G&S] or rez the Basket [G&S].
Branches: This option only appears in the menu when the percentage of the vineyard process is over 80%. The vineyard gives you an object called (Rezzme)[G&S]. You must rezz this object next to the vineyard to activate. If you delay when rezzing the object to activate it appears black and does not activate, access the menu again and choose the branches option, it will give you a new rezzme object.The vineyard always returns to 50% process.
– The [Bale] Branches [G&S] are used in the Propagator of cuttings [G&S] where you can make mixtures of the branches genomes and obtain different types of cuttings to plant in the vineyards.
Clear: Eliminates the current crop and leaves the field sterile. You need Cuttings [G&S] (produced on the Propagator of cuttings) for planting in the vineyard. To plant new crops, place the Cuttings [G&S] of the crop type you prefer onto the land near the vineyard, and click on the vineyard.
– To plant new Cuttings [G&S] in your Vineyard 3.0 you should first collect the harvest available on the vineyard, then rez the Cutting box near the vineyard, and select Clear on the vineyard menu – this will plant the cutting.
– To plant cuttings into a brand new never used before Vineyard 3.0 you will need to activate the vineyard on the first rez, then rez the Cuttings box near the vineyard, and select Clear on the vineyard menu – this will plant the cuttings.
Important Information: Winemaker [G&S]
Link to view active Appellations of Origin [G&S]: www.guardiandelassombras.com/vinos
SecondLife Group: [G&S] Wines & Vineyards – support, sales (coin/trade/$L) & general intoxicating chat
Vineyard 3.0 FAQ:
Q. Do I need to plant Cuttings when I first buy and rez the Vineyard 3.0 [G&S]?
– No. On initial rez after purchasing a new vineyard from the G&S main store, it comes preseeded with Grapes to select for your Harvest type (crop) – currently there is only one type of grape.
– Once you select the Harvest type on first rez, the field is set to that until you click Clear or pick up the field and transfer to another avi or hold the field in your inventory for 10+ days or the Cycles for a particular grape is limited. You will then need Cuttings to grow your vineyard.
Q. How do I make the different wine varieties?
– The Vineyard 3.0 [G&S] you purchase from the main store has a genetic code of A00000 which is a Soft Red Wine. Branches (box of 4 with random genetic information) are available to purchase for [G&S] Coin at the main store. Load the Branches into the Propagator of cuttings [G&S] to create a Cutting to plant in your vineyard to change the type of grape variety with different flavours/aromas/etc growing in the the Vineyard 3.0. after your Clear the current harvest,
– The sacks/baskets from the Vineyard 3.0 must be pressed in the new Winepress 3.0 using the ‘Fill’ option and a Barrel [G&S] (created in the carpentry) to maintain the flavors of the wine. Using the ‘Normal’ option you receive a classic barrel and will lose the wine flavors obtained from the Vineyard 3.0.
– As you become a proficient viticulturist you will look for the most precious flavors and the most exotic nuances, combining them and creating unique wines by blending the genomes of Branches for different types of Cuttings to grow/sell/trade.
Q. How do I make a Barrel [G&S]?
– The Barrel (containing a script) is made on the carpentry but first you need to make the Hoops on the forge. The formula for the hoops and the plan for the barrel are available to purchase for [G&S] Coin at the main store.
– There is also a carpentry Study Book available to purchase to become a Master Cooper and create your own personalised barrels. Once studied you will manufacture on the carpentry to receive a script to place into a full perm barrel which will then become compatible with the Winepress 3.0. You cannot remove the script from the barrel/object once it has been activated, if you do it is broken.
Q. How do I press the grapes from my Vineyard 3.0 to make wine?
– You have 4 options to make wine:
1. Use the new Winepress 3.0 and ‘Fill’ a Barrel 2018 you made on the carpentry.
2. Use the new Winepress 3.0 and ‘Fill’ a custom barrel containing the Master Cooper (studied) script.
3. Use the new Winepress 3.0 and select ‘Normal’, you will receive a classic barrel but will lose the wine flavours.
4. Use the old winepress – you will lose the wine flavours.
Q. Can I press the new Vineyards 3.0 grape sacks/baskets in the old winepress?
– The sack can be used in both the old and the new winepress but if you press a new variety wine in the old press, you will lose the flavours. The baskets can only be used in the new WinePress 3.0. If you press a new variety wine in the old press, you will lose the flavours.
Q. Do I need to preserve the grapes from the new Vineyard 3.0 [G&S]?
Q. Can I drink the wine?
– Yes. Be adventurous. Enjoy a glass of wine with delicious aromas and nuances that you have put a lot of care, time and effort into making! Provides 9% energy.
Q. Do I need the Control Panel to grow the new grapes for the different varieties of wines?
Q. What is the Control Panel and the Appellation of Origin?
– The Control Panel is required only if you choose to have your Appellation of Origin (farm/vineyard/sim) name on your Barrel [G&S] wines eg hover text will show as * Hunters * Great reserve 2018, and the barrel name will also show your Appellation name eg [Barrel 2018] Hunters Great reserve 2018  [G&S].
– The Control Panel is part of the Ranking. Only the numbered Great Reserve wine barrels are counted in the Ranking (www.guardiandelassombras.com/vinos), and the winner will have their Appellation wine as a component of a [G&S] recipe.
– The purchase of the Control Panel includes the first month fee for Appellation ($500L). Ongoing payments (in advance up to a maximum of 90 days) can be made to continue the Appellation at the main store.
– A sim has the Appellation of Origin, only one control panel can be activated. Any person who shares the sim with an active Control Panel, even if they do not belong to the group of the Control Panel and other equipment, will be able to obtain wines with the appellation of origin of the sim with their own objects placed in the same sim. The process of appellation of origin can only be completed and be effective, if the control panel, the vineyards, the propagator and the winepress, are rezzed in the same sim throughout the wine making process. If you own the control panel and for any reason you change to another sim, you will keep the appellation of origin of your wines in the new sim. (Check before moving that the new sim does not have an activated appellation of origin).
– The Appellation ‘name’ remains with the Control Panel. If you move sim and rez the Control Panel there, the new sim shows in the Appellations of Origin but … The most recognized appellations of origin are also those whose wine production goes back in time, so think well on what sim you are going to start in. Every time you move to another sim you will be penalized in the ranking.
Q. What are the steps to make the new wines with the Appellation of Origin and Ranking?
– To participate in the ranking of appellations of origin, you must obtain barrels of Great Reserve wine with your Appellation of Origin and number them in your sim. Only these numbered barrels will be counted in the ranking. It is important to read Winemaker [G&S].
– The steps to get wines with denomination of origin are the following:
1. Activate and configure the control panel in a sim. From this moment the sim is registered in the system with the name of appellation of origin that you have configured.
2. Activate the propagator in the sim (or re-rezz it if you already did it previously)
3. Create cuttings in the propagator of the sim using any type of branches, regardless of the origin of the branches, the resulting cutting will bear the appellation of origin.
4. Clear the vineyards of the sim and plant the new cuttings, keep in mind that these cuttings will only transmit the appellation of origin to the vineyards of the sim, not to other vineyards that are in other places.
5. Wait patiently until your vineyards are ready to be harvested and collect the grapes.
6. Press the grapes in the Winepress 3.0 that is in the sim with the option “fill”, using barrels created in the carpentry. If you use other presses on other sims or if you use the Normal option you will lose the appellation of origin.
7. Let the wine ferment and mature until its last process in the sim. If at any time during its maturity the barrel transfers to another sim, they lose the appellation of origin.
Q. I already purchased and rezzed the Vineyards 3.0 and Propagator of cuttings [G&S]. Can I still purchase a Control Panel for the Appellation of Origin?
– Yes. See above steps 1 and 2.Q. Can I drink a Great Reserve wine that has been numbered and counted in the Appellation of Origin Ranking?
– Yes. Once numbered, you can drink the whole barrel, even delete it, the points are saved in the Ranking.
Q. I have more questions … ?
– You have a few options:
1. Join the [G&S] Support Group (Guardian de las Sombras *Soporte*)
Over 4000 members, including G&S ‘gurus’, in this friendly support group to assist on general G&S product enquiries and problems (enjoyable conversation is also welcome). Please read and adhere to the Group Charter & Rules.
2. Join the SecondLife Group: [G&S] Wines & Vineyards – a group specifically for support, sales (coin/trade/$L) & general intoxicating chat.
Old Style Vineyard / Camp de vid (discontinued)
– needs: a bucket of water every 12 hours.
– caring the field using the RPHud and maintaining **Care 2/2 daily will quicken the harvest time.
– maintaining the water to the maximum during the entire process, you will get best wines in the harvest.
– harvest every 5 days for basket of grapes to press for barrel on G&S Wine Press or cook on the G&S Kitchen for bowl with 5 servings for use in recipes.
– 4 levels of barrel; grape juice, wine, reserve wine and great reserve wine. Each fermentation phase takes approximately 4 days.
Sickle (see tools) can be used when caring to increase chance of high dice roll & success.